What’s Happening: Ouster, a leading lidar sensor provider, and Fieldin, an AgTech company with a smart farming platform, have announced the largest known deployment of retrofit autonomy kits for autonomous tractors in the agricultural industry. Fieldin plans to deploy over 100 autonomy retrofit kits on tractors, each equipped with an Ouster OS1, to major customers across the United States in 2023.
Why It Matters: The deployment of 100 retrofit autonomy kits makes it the largest deployment of autonomous tractors in the industry to date. Fieldin’s autonomy kits offer various levels of automation, which can drive improved operational efficiency and significant cost reductions, such as up to 87% in chemical savings for high-value crop growers. This collaboration aims to address common challenges facing the agricultural industry through innovative and scalable autonomous farming solutions.
- Fieldin has already deployed dozens of kits at customers’ farms.
- Ouster shipped 100 sensors to Fieldin at the end of 2022 as part of a binding agreement.
- Fieldin’s autonomy kits are part of its offering to digitize and transform today’s farms into autonomous ones.
- Fieldin uses Ouster’s OS1 sensors on tractors and other farm machinery for reliable vehicle localization, navigation, and object detection.
- The market for autonomous farming equipment is expected to reach approximately $95 billion by 2027.
Bottom Line: Ouster and Fieldin’s collaboration stands to revolutionize the agricultural industry by providing scalable and efficient autonomous farming solutions, ultimately helping to reduce costs, improve operational efficiency, and create more sustainable farming practices.
About – Ouster is a leading global provider of lidar for the automotive, industrial, robotics, and smart infrastructure industries. Ouster’s products include high-resolution scanning and solid-state digital lidar sensors, Velodyne Lidar sensors, and software solutions. Ouster is on a mission to build a safer and more sustainable future by offering affordable, high-performance sensors that drive mass adoption across a wide variety of applications. With a global team and high-volume manufacturing, Ouster supports over 850 customers in over 50 countries. Ouster is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, with offices in the Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Middle East.