Global mobility technology firm ZEEKR has executed a significant over-the-air (OTA) update to 110,000 ZEEKR 001 electric vehicles. This update incorporates advanced automated driving assistance features powered by the Mobileye SuperVision™ platform. The newly enhanced Navigation ZEEKR Pilot (NZP) has garnered favorable feedback from over 1,000 beta users, affirming its top-tier performance in the industry.
Why It Matters
The integration of Mobileye SuperVision™ technology into ZEEKR vehicles represents a pivotal advancement in automated driving capabilities. This update not only elevates ZEEKR’s position in the global automotive market but also sets new safety and efficiency standards, particularly for electric vehicles.
- The NZP system employs SuperVision’s 11 cameras, including seven 8-megapixel units, along with surround fisheye cameras and a front radar.
- The system operates on two Mobileye EyeQ™5 systems-on-chip, a cutting-edge 7-nanometer ADAS chipset.
- NZP’s features include:
- Point-to-point automated highway navigation.
- Lane-change capabilities.
- Automated on/off-ramp assistance.
- Intelligent traffic safety functions in predefined operational areas.
- Initial availability is in Shanghai and Hangzhou, with plans for expansion to multiple cities in the coming months.
- A similar OTA update is expected for ZEEKR 009 multi-purpose vehicle owners later this year.
ZEEKR’s recent OTA update marks a significant step towards more automated, safer, and efficient driving experiences. Developed in collaboration with Mobileye, the updated NZP system leverages decades of AI and machine learning expertise. The partnership is raising the bar for what consumers can expect from automated driving systems, not just in China, but globally.
According to Prof. Amnon Shashua, President and CEO of Mobileye, “The robust capabilities of SuperVision allow ZEEKR to offer a seamless and highly reliable assisted driving experience in various settings. NZP is fast becoming a market leader, setting new standards globally.”
Andy An, CEO of ZEEKR, further commented, “We are committed to advancing technologies in partnership with Mobileye to maintain our global industry leadership in providing safer and more efficient travel solutions.”
The strategic collaboration between ZEEKR and Mobileye extends beyond this initial launch, promising more innovative driving solutions and adding to Mobileye’s growing portfolio of advanced driver-assist systems (ADAS).