What’s Happening: Suzuki Motor Corporation has signed a memorandum of understanding with Australian technology company Applied Electric Vehicles Ltd (Applied EV) for the co-development of an autonomous electric vehicle platform. In this collaboration, Applied EV’s autonomous vehicle platform, Blanc Robot™, will be integrated into Suzuki’s 4WD Jimny, electrified by Applied EV, and controlled by their central control system, Digital Backbone™.
Why It Matters: The co-development project between Suzuki and Applied EV aims to expand the adoption of autonomous electric vehicles and enhance brand awareness. Applied EV’s strengths in software and electronics for autonomous ready vehicles, combined with Suzuki’s investment and expertise in the automotive industry, could pave the way for innovative mobility solutions.
- Applied EV is an Australian technology company that specializes in software development and supply in the mobility field.
- Blanc Robot™, Applied EV’s autonomous vehicle platform, can be configured for various commercial uses, both on-road and off-road.
- Suzuki previously invested in Applied EV in 2022 and has been evaluating the possibility of collaboration since then.
- The co-development project will integrate Blanc Robot™ into the ladder frame of Suzuki’s 4WD Jimny and electrify it, controlled by Digital Backbone™.
- The two companies intend to bring Blanc Robot™ to production and develop business models to expand the adoption of autonomous electric vehicles and enhance brand awareness.
Bottom Line: By collaborating with Applied EV, Suzuki aims to advance its position in the autonomous electric vehicle market and offer innovative mobility solutions that cater to the changing needs of customers. This partnership could pave the way for the development of new technologies and business models that drive the adoption of autonomous electric vehicles.