Continental celebrated the first anniversary of its 215,000-square-foot manufacturing facility in New Braunfels, Texas, an integral part of Continental’s Autonomous Mobility Business Area. Since its establishment, this plant has achieved significant milestones, notably in producing Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) technologies.
Why It Matters
This plant plays a pivotal role in developing and distributing ADAS technologies, which are foundational for both assisted and automated driving. Innovations such as emergency brake assist, lane-keep assist, and blind-spot detection produced here are paramount for vehicle safety. As vehicles become increasingly autonomous, facilities like the one in New Braunfels will be central to ensuring road safety.
- The New Braunfels facility has 17 production lines in operation.
- Over 3.5 million units have been shipped from this location since its inception.
- The plant has created over 400 jobs within its first year.
- Continental is deeply engaged with the local community, hosting educational events, supporting local school districts, and volunteering at local organizations.
- Texas is emerging as a focal point for ADAS advancements, and this was bolstered in 2017 when the state legislature greenlit the testing and operation of autonomous vehicles on public roads.
As ADAS technologies evolve and become even more crucial for vehicle safety, Continental’s commitment to innovation is evident through its significant accomplishments at the New Braunfels plant. The plant stands as a testament to Continental’s focus on advancing safe mobility solutions and underscores its dedication to community engagement and fostering the next generation of STEM innovators. With partnerships like the one with Aurora Innovation, Continental is poised to remain at the forefront of autonomous driving technologies, making roads safer for everyone.